If you were born in the years of the Goat, Horse, Boar, Ox and Snake, you’re in for a good year, says feng shui expert Joey Yap. He adds that those born in the year of the Goat are expected to have the best fortunes in 2018 due to the presence of favourable stars. Inversely, he predicts that individuals born in the year of the Rooster will be experiencing more conflicts.
As 2018 is the Year of the Earth Dog, Joey predicts a generally stable year, explaining that the Earth element is largely associated with stability and mobility. He adds, “If you’re hoping for a major change or shift, it may be difficult. However, due to the same reasons, there shouldn’t be any major upheavals as it will largely be considered a stable year.”
If you belong to animal signs that are predicted to face unfavourable luck, don’t worry. Joey advises, “There are four aspects of your life – namely social, career, relationship and aspiration. You cannot experience bad fortune in all these four aspects unless your BaZi chart happens to have all four pillars with the same animal sign. So it’s a matter of knowing where to put in effort in order to compensate for what is weak within the year.”
This was adapted from an article published in the January 2018 issue of SquareRooms and re-published on singaporeschild.com.sg with permission.
1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006
- 2018 is a mixed bag with a fair share of personal and professional problems, even as you attain success.
- Matters from one aspect of your life could spill over into others – which is why the positive boost and confidence in your work life may be one of the reasons you encounter personal life problems.
- Your ability to summon the same inner strength you get from your job to overcome these obstacles will determine how successful you are at coming out on top.
1923, 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007
- A great year to showcase your capabilities and earn the career advancement and business development you’ve been eyeing.
- You’ll also acquire heightened popularity, from gaining friends easily to making great business proposals that translate into thrilling investments.
- However, being the life of the party could be draining, so schedule some personal time away from work and people every week to unwind and prevent negativity from burning you out.
1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008
- 2018 is the year individuals should take their personal development to the next level, thanks to the support of the Eight Seats Star.
- Expect your fortunes to increase, and an enhanced ability to learn – consider picking up new skillsets, improving current skills, or even enrolling in courses to add value to your abilities.
- Academics, scholars or students will especially benefit from this powerful boost.
1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009
- This will be a good year to improve your financial standing, so explore opportunities whenever possible.
- Female-dominated industries would more likely prosper this coming year and you’ll also receive timely assistance from the women in your life. For example, a female senior manager could offer helpful advice or even a promotion recommendation, so be open to this generosity.
- Your good luck could be tainted if you indulge to much in the excess of wealth without keeping your ego in check – remember to keep a level head and practice self-restraint.
1914, 1926, 1938, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010
- Both welcome and unwelcome events play out through the year – a significant boost in wealth and success regarding business and professional aspects can be expected although you need to put in the hard work (like planning out a sound strategies) to be richly rewarded.
- Malicious lies and rumours about you being spread around could lead to misunderstandings between you and people who’re important to you. Additionally, be wary of who you trust as they could turn on you.
- Be careful in your social interactions or you might get into legal entanglements. Unwanted chaos in money matters could also appear so manage your finances properly and avoid making large investments or lending money.
- Having to deal with all this could lead to emotional volatility, which is understandable, just don’t let it consume you.
1915, 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011
- Expect to be surrounded by abundance of love and support from kind and generous people. If you’re aiming for career growth, you’ll easily find experienced mentors willing to guide you to success.
- Also, you’ll be invited to many places and make many new friends which could lead to great collaborations in your favour. You’ll get an extra edge in job hunting and business investments. Someone will also aid you in personal finance management.
- All this however could distract from your family and loved ones – don’t take them for granted and pay extra attention to senior family members who might have minor health risks so you’ll be able to spot if anything is amiss.
- Avoid engaging in flings and instead spend more quality time with your spouse to strengthen the bond.
1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012
- You have the ability to turn turbulence and challenges into opportunities for personal growth. Although setbacks are inevitable this year, it’s how you play your cards that decides your favourability in a situation.
- When considering a business expansion or large-scale projects, you should consider all possibilities, make sure you have sufficient resources and be properly prepared. Make sure you’re practical about your 2018 goals and ambitions so that you’re not unnecessarily demoralised or stressed later.
- You may find unexpected changes hard to deal with this coming year. However, changes also brings opportunities, so make them work in your favour by accepting and making the most out of them instead of going against the tide.
1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013
- A generally good year with some minor issues – you’ll not have much trouble overcoming occasional obstacles or a few heated arguments as your social and personal life will flourish.
- Unexpected events could still take place at inconvenient times however, so quickly adapt and adjust your strategy to accommodate this new element at play.
- Legal trouble from unexpected hiccups in your plans and arguments stemming from accidentally offending someone could also occur. Avoid getting into more trouble by carefully interacting with people and having a clear, calm mind.
- However, don’t worry too much as you can expect to hear snippets of good news frequently and look forward to experiencing many happy occasions. In fact, your luck may be so good that you’ll be able to turn things around in your favour.
1930, 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002, 2014
- You’re surrounded by supportive people and that’ll give strength and assistance when you feel dragged down by the rapid changes happening.
- Golden opportunities to accumulate wealth. For example, there may be good chances of earning a pay raise or getting bonuses. Also, look out for lucrative investments in property or shares and reliable tips from your social circle to lay a good foundation for your fortune. But there’s a high risk of financial loss due to impulsive decisions, so think thoroughly on any deals, avoid financial gambling and consider all consequences.
- Acquire skills to positively solve any conflict that arises – so don’t hold back from pursuing your goals.
- Be cautious about the possibility of accidents and communication difficulties – prepare adequately before you travel or do physical activity and be considerate when you speak. Be aware of family members’ health conditions too.
1931, 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003, 2015
- A good year with positive events – some trials and tribulations are present, but not enough to dampen your year as you’ll have help and golden opportunities to overcome them.
- Noble people in the form of mentors or random individuals will make troubles you face more manageable.
- You’ll have ample opportunities to not only display your talents at work to secure a good bonus or promotion, but you’ll also be able to increase your wealth by engaging in asset acquisitions.
- However, you may have to deal with malicious lies and existing relationship conflicts, it’s best to ignore them and focus on your work. Family disputes will also arise, but remain reasonable here for a peaceful resolution – family and friends will still aid you when you most need it despite differences of opinion.
1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016
- A trying year in both your professional and personal lives – maintaining a right mind-set and finding the strength to persevere is key to handling this.
- You could bolster your career in terms of a fortunate job-related travelling stint, however, so embrace it to gain an advantage in advancing your career in the long run.
- Those in academic-related fields like learning and researching will find their endeavours yielding results in the form of significant breakthroughs.
- It’s advisable to refrain from attending funerals as there are prevalent negative energies that could have a noticeable negative impact on your well-being.
1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005, 2017
- Last year’s eventful nature could leave you exhausted, so 2018 will provide the good breather you need, giving you the chance to recharge, re-examine, improve your lifestyle and well-being to try find a healthy balance.
- There is a tendency to be anxious in your work, so it’s a good reminder to try maintaining a good work-life balance. If not, you might get worked up on small things and not advance your career.
- You might have feelings of isolation and loneliness, but they’re not actually a reflection of your current loneliness. Don’t let the fear of abandonment or absent support take over you, instead go out and mingle with people close to you to get a positive reality check.