Singapore’s Child collects information from our users for a number of reasons, the chief one being to better understand our users and their needs.
Please read carefully our policy on data collection and use of the data collected. For the purpose of these terms, “we” and “our” shall refer to both Singapore’s Child and Singapore’s Child Online.
When is information collected from you?
- When you register for or use any of Singapore’s Child’s services on websites owned and/or operated by Singapore’s Child.
- When you take part in any contest, survey or promotion conducted by Singapore’s Child and/or its business partners
- When you register as a member of websites hosted by Singapore’s Child on behalf of its business partners or use services on such websites
What is the information used for?
- To provide goods and services by Singapore’s Child’s or its designated representatives and/or business partners to you or parties designated by you and matters ancillary thereto.
- To verify and process payment when you purchase goods and services from Singapore’s Child’s sites.
- To verify and at times, deliver prizes won by you on Singapore’s Child’s website.
- For verification and record of your personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you
- To conduct statistical analysis of the users of our sites including the number of users, the frequency of use, profile of users and using such analysis for our business plans, the enhancement of our products and services, targeted advertisements and conveying such information in broad terms (but not information in relation to specific individuals) to third parties who have or propose to have business dealings with us
- To send you information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to our goods and services and those of third party organizations selected by us
- To comply with any order of court or directive from authorities investigating any alleged offence, misdeeds and/or abuse or for the purposes of taking legal action against any users for breach of the Conditions of Access and/or Terms of Service
- For the above purposes by third parties (who may be based outside Singapore) who offer goods and services or sponsor contests or other promotional programs on our site, whether in conjunction with us or not, if you purchase such goods, use such services or participate in such contests and promotional programs.
Can you opt out?
Whenever we send you any information, we will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and a link to do so. If you do not wish to receive further information of a similar nature, you may unsubscribe or email us.
Will your personal information be shared with anyone?
As a general rule, we do not disclose specific information about our users to any third parties. All communication whether from us or our business partners will be sent to you by us.
However, in the event that you participate in contests or other promotional programs on our site sponsored or organized by third parties or purchase goods and services offered by third parties or offer goods and services to third parties on our sites, your information may be disclosed to and used by such third parties.
Can you change and update your particulars?
If you wish to correct, change or update your particulars, all you have to do is to go to your profile page to do so. You will need to have your user id and password.
How your data is protected
Singapore’s Child will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data are protected from unauthorized access. Access to your profile page is password protected. Thus, no other party, including employees of Singapore’s Child, can change the information. However, you must remember to log off from your account and close the browser window after use so that no unauthorized party can have access. You must not, at any time, divulge your password to any third party.
All information gathered by Singapore’s Child is stored in systems that may only be accessed by authorized staff of Singapore’s Child using assigned user ids and passwords.